Before selecting an electric screwdriver, you should consider some crucial things related to the item. Not all buyers have full knowledge of what they want to buy, especially mechanical machines. Understanding that we have listed the most critical things or criteria about the best electric screwdrivers for you to consider:
1. Choose your machine type
Before choosing the type of machine you need to buy, you must clearly define the purpose, space, and time of using the device. If you use the machine continuously all day, a wired machine will be more advantageous. If the nature of the work requires moving many places, the battery-operated screwdriver will be better.
There are two common types of electric screwdrivers: the wired, usually more powerful, and the cordless one that runs on a battery.
- The corded electric screwdrivers allow for intensive use. They usually provide a significant tightening torque. They are also lighter since they don't have a battery weight. You can choose the wired model if there is a power supply near the area where you will be using an electric screwdriver.
- The cordless screwdrivers can be used in all kinds of environments. The battery-operated screwdriver is easy to handle and can be used in places with no power source. They are limited by autonomy and battery power. Furthermore, the wireless electric screwdrivers are especially suitable for furniture assembly as they make it possible to move around different elements without any restrictions.
The electric screwdriver's weight is an essential factor to take into account. For the same power supply, corded electric screwdrivers are lighter than wireless electric screwdrivers. This is because the batteries increase the weight of the wireless devices.
2. Function and capacity
The first thing to note when choosing to buy a screwdriver is the function of the machine. To be more precise, the screwdriver is capable of drilling deep into what materials. Selecting the right screwdriver to match the construction material will help the screws to hold better.
Besides the function, capacity is evenly essential.
- For corded screwdrivers, the main power depends directly on the engine capacity, which ranges between 450 and 705 watts. If an external transformer powers the electric screwdriver, the higher the supply voltage, the stronger the screwdriver can perform.
- For cordless screwdrivers, the power supply is joined to the battery voltage. This can cover from 3.6 volts (V) to 18V for the most powerful ones.
Thus, an electric screwdriver with a high machine capacity will have a higher working capacity, heavyweight, and of course, it costs higher.
3. Machine design
The design of the device will decide a lot about the user's comfort when using it. Most screwdrivers are compact, lightweight to hold for a long time without fatigue. When choosing a machine, you should check whether the handset is secure and quiet. In particular, you should select models designed to cover your hands with insulating rubber material to ensure safety. Here are three main electric screwdrivers models popular in the market for you to choose from:
The straight electric screwdriver has a screw body. These electric screwdrivers are suitable for workstations where you can hang them on windings and in the direction of the screwdriver from top to bottom. Some linear electric screwdrivers are designed to work with digital control on automated workstations.
- The Pistol screwdriver has an angled body for a better grip.
- Right-angle electric screwdrivers allow you to access screws located in tight areas.
4. Available Options
Most electric screwdrivers are equipped with a torque control system. They can be separated once a precalculated torque has been reached due to the screw being jammed, thus preventing the operator's torque transmission.
The most high-level electric screwdrivers involve electronic installations associated with external systems, enabling very sophisticated adjustments. On the other hand, the most affordable electric screwdrivers only offer mechanical adjustments for tightening torque and adaptive speed. Some low-priced electric screwdrivers don't involve any tuning options.
Some electric screwdrivers have LEDs that allow users to place screwdrivers precisely in poorly lit work areas.
5. Accessories included
Although this is not an essential factor, the products come with many accessories, suitable for screwing many types of screws. The most common addition included is a few screw heads to change accordingly. Others are also equipped with a dimmer to help work in dark corners.
Tulroom Power Screwdriver Electric Screwdriver 3.6V 2000mAh Electric Screwdriver Rechargeable, Adjustable Position Handle, 31pcs Screwdriver Bits 6+1 Torque Setting Front&Rear LightView on Amazon
SKIL Rechargeable 4V Cordless Screwdriver with Circuit Sensor Technology, Includes 9pcs Bit, 1pc Bit Holder, USB Charging Cable - SD561201View on Amazon
Enertwist Cordless Screwdriver, 8V Max 10Nm Electric Screwdriver Rechargeable Set with 82 Accessory Kit and Charger in Carrying Case, 21+1 Cluth, Dual Position Handle, LED Light, ET-CS-8View on Amazon
SALEM MASTER 4V Electric Screwdriver, Adjustable Torque Cordless Mini Screwdriver with USB Rechargeable Cable, LED Work Light, 26pcs 1/4 Screwdriver Bits(1 Bit Extension Included), Carrying BoxView on Amazon
- BrandSALEM MASTER
Electric Screwdriver, 45Pcs 6N.m, TECCPO Cordless Screwdriver, 4V 2000mAh Li-ion, 9+1 Torque Gears, Self-lock Chuck, 2 LED Lights, Adjustable 2 Position - TDSC01PView on Amazon
Cordless Screwdriver, 6Nm Electric Screwdriver, 4V 2000mAh Li-ion, with 45 pcs Accessories, 9+1 Torque Gears, Adjustable 2 Position Handle with LED, USB RechargeableView on Amazon
62 In 1 Mini Electric Screwdriver, Rechargeable Portable Small Cordless Electric Screwdriver Kit With Led Light and 48 Standard Screwdriver Heads, Handy Repair Tool for Phone Watch Camera Laptop.View on Amazon
Cartman Mini Electric Screwdriver, USB Rechargeable Multi-Function Magnetic Precision Power Screwdriver Set with LED Light, Repair Tool Kit with 22 Bits for Phone Watch Camera LaptopView on Amazon
OVERWIND Mini Electric Screwdriver, Portable Rechargeable Electric Precision Screwdriver Cordless Handy Repair Tools KitView on Amazon
Last update on 2022-01-22 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API.
Choosing the best electric screwdrivers which are most suitable for your needs is not too difficult. But sometimes, there are lots of confusing things affecting your purchase. Here we have written the commonly asked questions when buying an electric screwdriver for you to read:
1. What are the advantages of electric screwdrivers?
Electric screwdrivers are generally more substantial, powerful motors and last longer than battery drivers.
The control ability is more optimized.
- It is unnecessary to think about running out of energy supplied to the machine when used all day.
2. Is the electric screwdriver suitable for home use?
Because there are many sockets in the family for electrical power, electric screwdrivers are the right choice for you. And if compared with the model with the same capacity, the corded screwdriver series will operate more substantially without fear of running out of battery. Besides, thanks to the design's sophistication, the electric screwdrivers are designed with longer wires and convenient.
3. Can the electric screwdriver drill holes?
The cordless screwdriver has multiple torque settings, may have a drill symbol on the adjustable torque ring. This indicates that it is capable of drilling holes.
4. What is the difference between a drill and an electric screwdriver?
The fundamental difference between an electric screwdriver and a drill is the speed of the screw transfer to the surface and the drilling process's accuracy. Slower speed screwdriver allows precision while controlling the screw. However, the drilling machine has a high speed, making it difficult to maintain precision when screwing.
5. How do I charge an electric screwdriver?
Charge the electric screwdriver for 5-8 hours before using it for the first time. To charge, plug the charger plug into the charging socket and connect it to the power source. You shouldn't exceed the maximum charging time of 8 hours.
For Skilled workers, accessories such as drills, screwdrivers, etc., cannot be absent in the tool closet. Especially for those who specialize in civil, repair, and construction, they often have a wider variety of models to meet the needs of their use and the nature of their work. Our above article has instructed you in detail on how to buy the best electric screwdrivers. Here are the top most popular products on the market we would like to recommend to you:
- Best for convenient Design: Bosch GSR12V-140FCB22 Cordless Electric Screwdriver is one we recommend for a suitable design. The machine has a lightweight, compact design and fits with a rubber cover to increase friction. The device has a good quality insulation system to ensure safety for users during the machine's operation.
- Best for Performance: Dewalt 8V MAX Cordless Screwdriver has intuitive controls, making it an excellent option for those who want to dial at the driver's speed while they work. Besides, this pattern allows you to switch from transition to reverse just by rotating your wrist in either direction.
- Best trustworthy: Hitachi DB3DL2 Screwdriver with a dedicated, compact, and beautiful design, equipped with a powerful motor, delivering high efficiency will surely help you do the job quickly and easily. Despite these outstanding features, but its price is lower than the products on this list. Rest assured as this machine is rated as the best affordable machine but still reliable.
- Best versatile: SKIL Rechargeable 4V Cordless Screwdriver is a versatile and powerful screwdriver with its range of practical features. It comes with the screwdriver's slim grip allowing us to grip easily and use it in tight spaces. It also has a particular sign that lets you know if the screwdriver end is anywhere near the circuit. Furthermore, you can also use different attachments that come with it for various purposes.
- Best for Handyman: BLACK+DECKER 4V MAX Cordless Screwdriver comes with all the features belonging to the top electric screwdrivers in the market. This machine is the ideal tool for quickly completing some light but meticulous tasks. However, it might not be a suitable option for heavy workloads. This is why 4V MAX Cordless is one of the best electric screwdrivers for one handy person.